After spending some time with Chris & Kaz (www.Chilligibbonsstringedthings.co.uk) and looking at the weather forecast for strong winds we decided we would be better to get down Atherstone today. It made a nice change to only meet cheery friendly folk on the flight. A mention to Chris & Mel on NB NowThen who followed us all the way down and didn't grumble once, in fact they were a big help with shutting some of the gates. Once we were down the bottom they even gave us some boiled water for coffee! We had missed ours that morning due to wanting to get going early and the gas being disconnected. We are cooking on the Rayburn at the moment not a problem but we didn't have time to light it this morning to boil the kettle!
The wind has picked up pace all day, we are now moored at Alvecote and it is getting quite windy now. Never much fun when you are towing, I think we will be staying put if it becomes as windy as threatened and then carry on towards Stafford when it drops.
Time flies it is pretty much a year ago since we sold our Hammer Head Shark and it went on its way to Australia. Here is a photo of it over in Australia looking beautiful.